New build! It’s mostly bug fixes (52 in total), but there are also some quality-of-life improvements that you might be interested in hearing about.
To read a full list of everything that was added, changed, or fixed in the latest update, scroll down past this gorgeous artwork of Osana by MiaOtaku!
- Previously, the boys who
stalkedfollowed Chigusa (the 9th rival of 1980s Mode) were performing “talking” animations while watching her. This was never my vision for how they were supposed to be behaving around her. A set of new animations has been created for them that actually reflect what I had in mind for the boys. They now look hyped/excited that there is a celebrity in school, and they look at one another as if they’re saying “Yo, do you see this bro??” which is what I originally had in mind. I’m very happy to finally be including new animations into the game after so long!
- If the player is standing too close to the confession tree when a suitor and a rival are standing under the tree, the confession cutscene won’t begin, because the rival wants some privacy before she confesses her love. The player needs to walk a short distance away from the tree to begin the cutscene. Few players understood this, and kept mistakenly believing that the cutscene was broken or something. To resolve this, a “You’re too close, back away from the tree” message will now appear whenever the player is in a “too close to tree, confession cutscene won’t start” state.
- The “REP WILL UPDATE AFTER CLASS” text has been removed. From now on, when you try to perform an action that requires a specific amount of reputation, and you have enough “pending rep” to perform that action, a “Your rep will update the next time you go to class” notification will appear onscreen. It’s better to have a notification appear onscreen only at the exact moment it’s relevant, rather than displayed onscreen permanently.
- Normally, delinquents refuse to listen to you when you try to tell them that there is a note in their locker. This made it impossible to complete certain Mission Mode missions. From now on, delinquents will always agree to check their lockers for notes in Mission Mode.
- It didn’t make sense that carrying a cleaning item was considered just as suspicious as walking around with a bloody weapon while covered head-to-toe in blood. So, from now on, carrying a cleaning item will be considered 50% as suspicious as other actions.
- Ayano/Ryoba will now wear her school uniform when she is in town in the morning, since it doesn’t make sense for her to change out of her school uniform just to walk around in town. She’ll only wear casual clothes at night.
- Previously, if the player saved and loaded during one of Senpai and Osana’s morning conversations, the two of them would not animate upon reloading. From now on, they will continue to animate and speak after reloading.
- At the end of the 202X intro, some 3D renders flash by onscreen. Some of these renders were kind of low-quality. In the latest build, I’ve replaced some of these images with higher-quality renders.
- There is now an animation named “f02_defaultFace_00” in Pose Mode, which restores a female character’s face to her default expression. (Use “f02_smile_00” for characters that smile by default.)
- There is now a “use arrow keys to move the cursor” prompt at the bottom of the screen so that keyboard players understand what to do at the “respond to guidance counselor” screen.
- Made an adjustment to the way that blood pools spawn so that a trail of blood pools feels more like a “trail” and not like a series of individual blobs.
- The students in the Alphabet Killer Challenge will no longer reposition themselves according to Osana’s routine.
- Updated Miyuji’s textures. Also, she now wears different stockings after her club closes.
- Edited a student’s profile to remove a reference to Akademi as a “high school.”
Also, I made some changes to the way that the game handles Occlusion Culling. It’s possible that these changes may result in a better framerate for many players. I’d be interested in hearing if you’re able to achieve a better framerate in the latest build, compared to the last one.
- If the player created a blood pool in a corner, then stepped into the pool of blood and then walked into the corner for a long time, hundreds of bloody footprints would “stack up” in that location. This would eventually cause a bug in Unity’s physics engine and would allow the player to clip through the wall. This bug has been fixed.
- If Raibaru realized that Ayano was guilty of a murder while she was running to Osana to inform her of a corpse, Raibaru would ignore Ayano until she reached Osana, and then would teleport to Ayano and get stuck in a “trying to apprehend Ayano” state. This bug has been fixed.
- If the player distracted a student with weird behavior and then immediately committed murder by throwing a car battery into a puddle, the distracted student would ignore the murder, even as a student was being electrocuted right next to them. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause Horuda to call the cops on you after witnessing you commit murder, even though she was supposed to use the personality type that is too cowardly to call the police on a killer for fear of retribution from the killer.
- If Midori and Mai Waifu witnessed Osana get attacked by a mind-broken slave while they were talking to one another, they would enter both states (talking and witnessing murder) simultaneously. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to bypass the rival’s confession and advance a week without eliminating their rival by triggering a police investigation while simultaneously getting expelled from the counselor.
- When crafting bang snaps, the description text incorrectly said that the crafting process would create “5 bang snaps” instead of the actual number, twenty. This incorrect text has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause characters to enter a weird state if they were in the middle of turning off a radio at the exact moment that the player was sent to the guidance counselor’s office.
- Students who witnessed a corpse were supposed to obtain yellow outlines in Yandere Vision. However, a bug was preventing this feature from working properly. Oops! The bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause a mind-broken slave to begin a murder-suicide animation even if her target was currently engaged in a shoving animation, breaking the murder-suicide sequence.
- Fixed bug that would cause Osana to perform a “staring with curiosity” animation while being attacked by a mind-broken slave, instead of performing a “being stabbed to death” animation.
- Fixed bug that was preventing science club members’ lab coats from updating their outline color whenever their state changed (such as when going from suspicious to witnessing murder).
- If Raibaru attacked Ayano with a headache, she would enter a state of “lost struggle minigame” while the player entered the state of “arm snapped by Raibaru.” This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would prevent characters from performing the “murdered by mind-broken slave” animation if they were distracted by the player when the animation was supposed to begin.
- If the player got a game over, then a phone addict noticed the situation and took a photo of it, the protagonist would play the “game over” animation twice. This bug has been fixed.
- If a delinquent discovered a pool of blood and attempted to flee the school, and then the player mopped up that blood, the delinquent would stop fleeing. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause students to identify concealed corpses as corpses if there was an unconcealed corpse nearby when the concealed corpse entered their cone of vision.
- Fixed bug that would cause teachers to completely ignore the sight of the player cleaning up blood pools right in front of them, as long as it was happening at Cleaning Time.
- If the protagonist splashed herself with red paint while wearing gloves, the game would not render the gloves as being splattered with red liquid. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause a tiny, shrunken subtitle to remain onscreen if the player quickly ran away from Osana and Raibaru after they began their morning conversation.
- Cooking Club students will no longer run away from Stink Bombs while they are holding trays of food. (They don’t want to run and risk spilling the food on their tray).
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to begin the “Tell Horuda who began her bullying” scene even if the player lacked a valid “frame someone for bullying” photo.
- Fixed bug that prevented the game from storing the Memorial scene whenever the player reloaded a save file that had been made after a Memorial had taken place.
- Fixed bug that caused Senpai’s face to appear in the Mission Mode portrait slot for “Nobody” if no student was occupying that slot in a Mission Mode mission.
- Fixed bug that was preventing the “If a student sees you creating a trap, they dismantle the trap instead of triggering it” feature from working properly.
- If Raibaru witnessed Osana get murdered by a mind-broken slave, she would say “Is that a dead body?” and “I need to tell Osana!” This bug has been fixed.
- If the player went into first-person view while Ryoba was wearing the Newspaper Club hat, the hat would clip into the camera. This has been fixed.
- If Osana was attacked by a mind-broken slave while changing her shoes, her mind-broken attack animation would not begin. This bug has been fixed.
- Daku was supposed to have one opaque lens and one transparent lens, but his lenses weren’t rendering properly. Oops! This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that would cause the player to permanently freeze in place at the beginning of Mission Mode if the opening sequence was skipped.
- There was a bug that allowed the player to “load most recent save” even if the player had deleted that save. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that caused Cooking Club students to completely forget about delivering food if the player saved and loaded twice in a row.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to use the “Tag” feature on a student immediately after taking their photograph.
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to pause the game or take a shower after defeating Raibaru in a physical struggle in Mission Mode.
- Fixed bug that would cause Raibaru to freeze in front of Osana if she was trying to report a corpse to Osana while Osana was asleep.
- If the player took some photographs and then restarted the day, the game would remember those photographs. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to put a bloody art smock into the washing machine, incinerator, or manhole.
- Attempted to fix a bug that could cause the game to get permanently stuck on a black screen when leaving the Counselor’s office.
- Fixed bug that would cause some students to perform a “changing shoes” animation in front of Amai’s table during her bake sale.
- Fixed bug that would cause the raincoat to re-spawn itself if the player incinerated it, saved the game, then loaded the game.
- It is no longer possible for the player to push Osana’s book into the fountain if she’s in clear view of Osana or Raibaru.
- Fixed bug that prevented students from being able to detect corpses next to doorways when viewed from certain angles.
- Fixed bug that would allow the player to enter the basement with the “Where would you like to go?” window active.
- Fixed bug that would cause Raibaru to slide towards Osana while she was being attacked by a mind-broken slave.
- Fixed bug that would cause one of the school’s mops to teleport to the school pool upon reloading a save game.
- Fixed bug that would cause low-poly students to not exit out of low-poly mode when apprehending the player.
- If the player loaded a save, the “Senpai Aura” would be blue instead of pink. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed bug that made Osana’s decapitated head reappear when her corpse was put into a locker.
- Fixed bug that would make the player “vibrate” while putting poison into a bento.
- The “Yandere Vision hum” was not looping properly. Oops! That bug has been fixed.
- Fixed the “That Dude” easter egg, which had become broken at some point.
- It is no longer possible to gossip about a student who is kidnapped.
A few days ago, I began work on a new feature that I’ve wanted to add to the game for a long time. I’ve gotten it to function, but there are a few issues that need to be resolved: the animations need tweaking, and the sound effects aren’t done yet. Because I need those assets to finish implementing it, I’ve decided to disable it in this build of the game. I estimate that it’ll probably be available in the next build.
I presume that it’s possible to use modding tools to discover and enable the half-finished feature. Before you do that, I’d just like to let you know in advance that it’s going to be very underwhelming in its current state, because of the animation issues and missing sound effects. Please wait for me to implement the fixed animations and missing audio before you play around with it, so that you can experience it in its full intended glory.
With that said, I’ll probably post a preview of the feature on Patreon tomorrow so that curious fans of the game can get a sneak peek of what will be coming to the game in the near future.